Anderson Symphony Orchestra
Musician Covid-19 Policy
September 10, 2021
The following is the current Covid-19 policy for Anderson Symphony Orchestra musicians and staff adopted by the Board of Directors. This policy will be in effect until further notice.
1. In a recent, anonymous survey of ASO musicians playing in the first concert, 90% of respondents indicated they have been fully vaccinated or will be fully vaccinated by the first rehearsal on September 23, 2021. We believe this high rate of vaccinated musicians is a very good thing and helps to lower the risk to both musicians and audience members alike. Even so, we will request that all musicians do a self-check of potential Covid-19 symptoms (see list below). If musicians have any of these symptoms which are not normal allergies or other preexisting conditions, they must refrain from attending any ASO rehearsals or the concert.
Potential Covid-19 Symptoms:
· Fever or chills
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
2. Even though those who have been fully vaccinated can contract the Covid-19 virus and transmit it to others, the likelihood of transmission by those who are unvaccinated is significantly greater. Therefore, we are requesting but not requiring those who are unvaccinated to get a Covid-19 test within 72 hours of our first rehearsal on September 23, 2021. If unvaccinated musicians choose to get tested, we will not ask them to report their results, but if the test results are positive, they must refrain from attending rehearsals or the concert.
3. We are asking all musicians to wear masks at all times except for the wind players, and requesting that the wind players wear masks when not playing.
4. We will do the very best we can to distance musicians on the stage. String players will be one-to-a-stand unless they mutually agree to share a stand.
5. Even though state and local health departments may not require the wearing of masks indoors, the ASO will strongly request the audience to wear masks at all times.